Here are Basic Roles and Responsibilities of an Editor
- Taking up the instructions given by the editor in chief for the Journal betterment.
- Handling the manuscripts for the evaluation and should provide the final decision on the manuscript as per the reviewer's comments.
- Suggesting potential reviewers for the Journal to conduct the review process and also forwarding the manuscripts to potential reviewers.
- Handling author queries related to publication, ethical questions and misconduct raised while publication and should respond to them accordingly.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work received by every author as the review process is unbiased.
- Implementation of new ideas in reviewing policies discussed in editorial meetings.
- Spotlight on the quality review process to maintain a consistent level, keeping the records on reviewer performance and timeliness.
- Recommendation of conferences to promote the Journal on their website with mutual benefits.
- Identifying the trending topics on Journal scope and should suggest a special issue release.
- Monitoring the Journal performance on a timely basis and capable of taking new decisions for improvement.