The Journal contains the Editorial Board, it is a sum of Editor in Chief, the head of the board and editors of different expertise with respective to the Journal scope. The editors will be led by the editor in chief and they play an active role in the Journal activities, major part in review process etc. The review process is overseen by the experienced editorial board members.
Editors are the strength to the Journal as they actively take part in the Journal growth from the initial days by contribution of editorial pieces to the Journal, suggesting new ideas for the Journal stand up and assist to maintain the standards, taking up review assignment to complete the review process in timely basis and handling author queries to maintain the trust.
Here are Basic Roles and Responsibilities of an Editor
- Taking up the instructions given by the editor in chief for the Journal betterment.
- Handling the manuscripts for the evaluation and should provide the final decision on the manuscript as per the reviewer comments.
- Suggesting potential reviewers for the Journal to conduct the review process and also forwarding the manuscripts to potential reviewers.
- Handling author queries related to publication, ethical questions and misconduct raised while publication and should respond to them accordingly.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work received by every author as the review process is unbiased.
- Implementation of new ideas in reviewing policies discussed in editorial meetings.
- Spotlight on the quality review process to maintain the consistent level.
- Keeping the records on reviewer performance and timeliness.
- Recommendation of conferences to promote the Journal in their website with mutual benefits.
- Identifying the trending topics on Journal scope and should suggest a special issue release.
- Monitoring the Journal performance by timely basis and capable of taking new decision for the improvement.